Applications are invited for the Reader in Economics faculty positions in the UGC Scale of Pay, so as to reach the Director Nabakrushna Choudhury Center for Development Studies, Bhubaneswar-751013 .Applicants who are employed should send their applications through proper channel. However, advance copy can be submitted so as to reach the Institute before the closing date.
Name of the post - Reader in Economics
Numberof the post - One
Scales of Pay: - Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 + AGP Rs. 8,000/-
Qualifications - Good academic record with a doctoral degree or equivalent published work. In addition to these, candidates who join from outside the university system, shall also possess at least
55% of the marks or equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with latter grades O,A,B,C,D,E, and F at the Master’s degree level.
Five years of experience of teaching and/or research excluding the period spent for obtaining the research degrees and has made some mark in the areas of scholarship as evidenced by quality of publications, contribution to educational innovation, design of new
courses and curricula.
1. The period of probation shall be one year at the first instance.2. No deputation allowance shall be paid to any person holding lien against a post under
Govt. or under any other services.
3. The Centre reserves the right to fill-up or not to fill-up the posts and/or to call/or not to
call any candidate for interview. The decision of the Centre is final.
4. Canvassing in any form by or on behalf of the candidate will disqualify him/her.
5. CV accompanied by copies of best research papers (five in case of Professor and three
in case of Reader),attested copies of certificates, mark sheets, of all examinations
passed, previous appointed orders and experience, etc. should reach the Director on or
before 15.05.2013 positively either by post or by hand.
6. The application should superscribe the name of the post applied for on the envelope.
7. Applications received after the last date will not be taken into consideration.
8. The Centre will not be responsible for loss of application in postal transit or postal
9. Incomplete applications in all respects shall be summarily rejected.
10. The persons already in service should apply in proper channel failing which their
applications will not be considered.
11. The decision of the Centre in selection of the candidates is final.
12. The Centre reserves the right to cancel the interview on fixed date due to unforeseen
13. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview or to join the first appointment
toKnow more information click here